Monday, August 19, 2013

A Study in the Classics

Remember when I posted a photo of this beautiful house, and some of you pointed out that it is actually in Rockhampton. As I've said many times, I grew up in Rockhampton. It's a town that usually makes the news for all the wrong reasons, but it actually has some ridiculously beautiful old Queenslanders, so many in fact that some of them are sitting in a state of decay.
This one however, Cooloola, is quite the opposite. It is the picture of perfection, and I've now had permission of the owner to show you the inside.

Let's skirt around the outside a tad more first.
This house is a perfect example of why some bits and pieces are considered classic. They just work, they're beauitful and they don't go out of fashion. Take that timber planter box at the front door,for example. That style of planter is at the front door of many a fancy address on Park Avenue in New York.
I recently bought a white Didier Parakian dress. Five minutes after I put it on, I had spilt make up on the front of it. I could never live in a house like this, but I take great delight in looking upon it.

It's all in the details.....
There's a young lady in the house. This is her quarters.

What more can you wish for than a pink bath tub?

A study in blue.
This is what life in the tropical north should look like.

Rhythm and symmetry. So reassuring.

Excuse me. Pineapples.

In case you're wondering, and I'm positively sure you are, this is the lady responsible for this big pile of wonderful.
Frances Russell, wife, mother of three, interior decorator, designer. I imageine Frances' home is a tomato sauce/soy sauce/red wine free zone.

If you're needing any decorator services, go to www.francesfussellinteriors.com.au
You can also read Frances' blog at www.beautifulinteriorsand18thcenturystyle.blogspot.com

Thanks again Frances!

11 comments:

  1. Please let me apologise for the typos in this post. Blogger is being a total pain and won't let me backtrack to fix anything up or add in links. It's driving me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine!
    Go Rocky!
    X A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is one of the most beautiful houses I have ever seen. What a talented designer the owner is. The whole feel was luxe and beautiful but without being overly fussy. I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be still my heart! Absolutely gorgeous, the house of my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning home. I think it was in a magazine a few years ago?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite possibly? I think it's been well photographed.

      Delete
  6. Hi Julie
    Thank-you so much for doing such a beautiful post on our home! I feel very honoured and humbled that you would post about it and also your lovely readers' comments! They have made my day! Thank-you so very much!
    with best wishes always
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, thank you! We all appreciate a beautiful house, and yours is stunning. x

      Delete
  7. Love the classic homes in Rockhampton. I have very fond memories of school holidays at my cousins place at the Range. My aunt had a beautiful home wares store called Wisemans.

    ReplyDelete