Thursday, April 12, 2012

Swanning around

You know my penchant for swans. I found this at Hobohemia in Paddington yesterday. It's a child's rocking toy, but apparently it can't be used as such any longer.
Hobohemia is worth a look if you're around the traps. It's just next to Presents of Mind in Paddington.
Whilst we're in the neighbourhood. Has anyone spotted the shell chandelier/lampshades in A.P. Design's window?  I love a good shell chandelier too.

Remember this 'project'? My spun fibreglass table base?

I finished it. I painted it with white gloss enamel, and after three attempts, finally managed to get a piece of glass for the top. Now it looks like this. I know, even I'm surprised! It's not a good photo - the good photo wouldn't upload and rather than hurl my computer out the window, I decided just to use this inferior shot.

I love the contrast of the white fibreglass against the black floorboards. 
In other breaking (and irrelevant) news, The Shoe Station in Paddington has 25% off a very handsome range of Winter boots.
I hope all you lucky Foxtel watching folk are enjoying the new season of Mad Men. I myself have to wait for it to appear on dvd - it's like the dark ages!

5 comments:

  1. I should get myself into the Paddington precinct. I've seen Hobohemia next to Presents of Mind, but always felt as if it was just someone's front yard, so I have always been somewhat muddled about it.

    One really needs to be out-and-about, covering previous ground to keep on top of merchants and their wares. A trip out once every six months just doesn't cut it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table - it looks fantastic! Was the glass expensive to have it cut? x

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna I bought a table off Ebay which had the glass on top of it. Actually I had to buy the whole set, table and chairs. It was much less expensive doing it this way. I think getting a piece of toughened glass cut with a bevel, etc would have been a few hundred dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all above work but the spun table is most eye-catching piece which I loved the most and would love to have to match my existing white furniture, pleas see here . I hope to have a desired look. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In keeping with the fashion of Versace there is the irresistible perfume. Precious fragrance creations, the temptation to give in willingly.
    Graduation Dresses

    ReplyDelete