Monday, March 1, 2010

The reprieve
Our builder came to see us last Tuesday. He said although he would start this week, we can stay in the house while he does the excavation, concrete and steel downstairs, which will take about three weeks. 
With the probable delay this week due to rain, by the time we need to move out it will be very close to April 7, when we can move directly into my mother's.
The pressure's eased for now.
Meanwhile, our furniture has sold on Ebay and most of it was collected on the weekend. It all went to lovely homes.  Apologies to the Russian lady and man with the children's encyclopedias, who (I realised later) I really should have given a tour.
I've been tossing out what is essentially rubbish (broken toys, old clothing) that has been taking up space in cupboards. I've taken Ishi bishi Outlander loads of bric-a-brac to the Salvos depot in Red Hill.
I had a whole box of old organ sheet music. A lot of it had beautiful coloured covers, some it from 1911 and 1912. Although lovely, it was totally useless to me so this morning I packed it up and took it over to my friend Fi, who is fortunate enough to be both 'arty' and 'crafty'. I don't know what she'll do with it, but it'll be something fab. Here's some below.


We've been visiting tile and bath shops, demolition yards and more tile shops and some rooms are coming together....we're about to get down to the exciting bit......but there's still a few boxes to pack first.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about it =) It didn't rain so we were fine. Made a kind of show in the bus trying to read the encyclopedias - everyone around started to ask what it is =)

    ReplyDelete