Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy birthday Peaches!
We have a birthday in our house today. Peaches turns four!!
Birthday celebrations usually run for 5-7 days with us.  There's cake today, and parties on Thursday and Saturday. OTT, I know.
We got Peaches this card.

Being a child of the 70s, this illustration really appealed to me. Most little girls of the late 60s or 70s would have had some poorly produced prints like this on their bedroom wall.
I got the card from David Jones, and I'm glad I got excited by it, considering what a greeting card sets you back these days.
This card is from Philip Taylor Studios (www.philiptaylor.com.au) who are apparently celebrating their 50th anniversary this year, and thus have reissued designs from the 60s and 70s. God bless them. They're right on the money - perfect timing.
Here are a few more designs from their Daisy Lane series.

They apparently have art prints available in this style, but I couldn't find them on their website.
Toy buying can be a difficult thing. There are so many rubbishy toys around, that you just know are 80% packaging and the other 20% will break after five minutes.
I usually go to K & K Toys. There's one at Enoggera and one at Indooroopilly. They have quality toys and someone will even help you find what you're looking for.  That's retro too!!


  1. Happy Birthday to your 4-year-old!

    You can find the Daisy Lane stuff at The Lark shop ... http://www.larkmade.com.au.

  2. I remember cards like these. So glad that they're brining back the retro!

  3. Happy Birthday little one!
    Love the images, and remember them well.

  4. I love these!!! Saw them on Thursday and wished i had had a reason to buy one. I plan to tell my friend who has a new baby girl about them so she can buy a bunch, frame separately and make a feature wall in her bedroom. I had a surge of nostalgia looking at them.x

  5. I have cards like this! Hope the celebrations go well x

  6. They look so lovely! I've never seen anything like it! Enjoy the gorgeous day, Kellie xx