Friday, November 19, 2010

Dinky ditties
Despite the fact that we moved into our house in April - last year - I am still finding little gems spewed forth from Euphemia.
In the last couple of days I've found this little Bovil Book of Nursery Rhymes, small but precious, it's filled with beautiful illustrations and twee poems like:
Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard
To get out her Bovil pot;
But when she got there, the cupboard was bare,
Her children had collared the lot.
I also found this dinky Gala Furniture Showroom catalogue from the classily named, Coupon Furniture Company, which used to be on Ipswich Road at Woolloongabba.
It illustrates all the furniture from maybe the 50s and 60s,  most of which was still lurking around many a home in the 1970s. The prices are in pounds so it must be pre-1967.

I
I found this old collection of books.
 The top one called Handy Home Guide is a souvenir of the first post war RNA Show. I'm not sure if that's the first world war or the second? I think it may be referring to the first world war.
Anyway, Euphemia never ceases to amaze me with her haul of loot. However, these three ditties are making their way onto Ebay, in fact, I think I've got the furniture catalogue already listed.
Tomorrow we are Christmasfying the house. I had the debriefing meeting with my mother and sisters this morning to plan Christmas lunch which is at our house this year. I'm actually getting quite merrily on high!


No comments:

Post a Comment